Call +1-800-349-7106     50 Minute Emergency Response Time    We are available 24/7

Mold in Your Attic

Mold is a dangerous contamination to have present in your home. Mold can cause health issues such as sneezing, coughing, sore throat, sore eyes, itchy skin and asthma. Black mold, which is the most toxic type of mold can cause fatigue, headaches, allergic reactions, fever, or even bleeding in the lungs in severe cases. Mold thrives in damp, dark environments making an attic a common place to find mold growth in your home.

Mold is likely to grow where there is moisture present. If you notice condensation in your attic then that is a sure sign there is mold growth in your attic. Condensation often occurs in cold spots within your attic, and may form water droplets or pools of water. Water stains on your ceiling are also a good indicator of a mold problem. This is especially true if the stains are yellowish or darker in colour. Another warning sign for mold is rust. Rusty pipes as well as rusty nails and windows are related to a water problem which in turn is a clue that there is a mold problem present too. 

Mold should always be removed by a professional. Proper mold remediation is essential to keep your home safe from reoccurring. If you suspect that you have mold contamination in your attic call 1-800-349-7106. We have years of mold removal experience and will safely remove the problem from your attic.