Mold can live in your home or workplace and can pose serious health risks if left undetected. Many health conditions that used to be labeled unknown are now conditions correlated with mold exposure. For example, mold exposure is now known to cause respiratory infections and bronchitis. These connections between health hazards and mold exposure are fairly new discoveries, which is why it is important that we are aware of the problem and know how to spot it.
Exposure to mold is associated with many allergy symptoms including nasal and sinus congestion, asthma, dyspnea, sore throat and skin and eye irritations. Some other symptoms include chest tightness, epistaxis, upper respiratory tract infections and headaches. Long term exposure to mold can have serious health effects on anyone; but infants, children, seniors, pregnant women, and those who already have compromised immune systems are all at higher risk than the average individual.
An extremely potent toxin called Mycotoxin is produced by mold and can be more dangerous than aspergillosis diseases. They begin to change our immune systems while at the same time producing chemicals that eventually suppress our immune systems. The Mycotoxin is located in or on mold particles and are inhaled, ingested or touched by the human body. Mold has the ability to enter into the brain becoming neurotoxic and produce central nervous system effects including behavioural and cognitive changes. There is no barrier located between the brain and our blood system, making it easy for the Mycotoxins to enter our bodies. Not all molds contain Mycotoxin, but many produce harmful substances, including allergens and other compounds.
Mold is hard to detect and can often be missed even when health symptoms do occur. When the immune system is weak from mold exposure it can lead to many negative long term health problems. If you think you have been exposed to mold call us at 1-800-349-7106. We have years of mold removal experience and will get you back into your property as soon as we can.